Friday, August 02, 2013

Get One in the Can


I can't believe it's August already. Summer seems to be going by way too fast. Today, I thought I'd do something different and share this email sent to me by the American Film Market folks. It inspired me and lit a fire in my soul to go out and shoot another project. But I have vowed to finish my latest short first. (We're very close.) I figured if this has helped me and inspired me, maybe it can do the same for others. 
~~~

In order to help you get ready for the American Film Market & Conferences 2013, we will be sending out several emails leading up to event, which cover key facets of the filmmaking process and share thought-provoking stories.

We hope you enjoy this personal story from Christina Marie, producer, filmmaker and AFM attendee.
Get One in the Can - Don’t Just Go for an “Opus” Project!
After attending my first AFM last year, I was very inspired to shift gears in how I thought of filmmaking. I was banging my head against the wall trying to get big-budget finance and it finally clicked: I really needed to get one in the can instead of continuing to seek funding for an "Opus" project.
A like-minded friend of mine approached me with a wild idea to shoot a 90 minute length Feature in just 3 days on a smaller budget. I did some research and found that the only person to pull this off (on record) was Roger Corman in 1960 with "Little Shop of Horrors."
Six weeks after I received the script for "THE DARK", we shot our movie in less than 3 days at an abandoned, haunted hospital. The experience was FANTASTIC! We ran 3 crews, shooting 10 pages per crew per day and included SPFX and stunts. Nobody lost their mind, and we now have what we refer to as a "DARK Family" - the bonding that happened on that set was incredible!


Want to connect with 1,000s of industry professionals like Christina? Plan now to attend AFM 2013, the global motion picture event that has launched over 10,000 films.
We applied to the Guinness Book of World Records to compete as the fastest shot feature film and are waiting for final approval of the record.
We are now in the process of editing, finding a distributor, and furthering our Trans-media campaign. I have to say that "getting one in the can" feels so much better than waiting on big finance! I look forward to this year's AFM and invite you all to explore THE DARK with us at www.TheDarkMovie.com!
Thank you for this opportunity! AFM's support is tremendous and I appreciate what you do for us Indies.
Plan now to learn more ideas to grow your business/career at AFM 2013, November 6 – 13, in Santa Monica… plus discover 2,000+ new films and projects.  Register today for best rates.



*Do you have a helpful resource you’d like to promote? Do you know about a great resource to share with the Broads? Contact me to be a part of helpful resource Friday.
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment