Monday, June 05, 2006

High Gear



One month to go and we go into overdrive. There are now too many things for my brain to remember. A list on paper I can lose, so I stick my list on the archway. The post-it notes go up one side of the doorframe and down the other.










Whenever the stress of too many important decisions and looming deadlines with everything important and needing to happen RIGHT NOW! starts pushing my manic button, I take up the arts-and-crafts cure employed by summer camps and mental institutions. Cut, paste, stitch, iron and zone out. Hats and shirts: we will be making them. Costumes are part of the festive atmosphere - hence the word festival - but the price of even cheap promotional wear is too deep for our pockets.


Like the films in the festival, like many an indie producer with a project, things either take money or time. The interns have come on board, and while the more mundane business tasks are basically what they are handling, they too find the crafts project s relaxing. And I am grateful for the many hands.

In and Out burgers anyone? My treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment